A Vancouver Physio Clinic’s Advice on How to Avoid Back Pain!02.04.2020
Postpartum Pain – Vancouver Chiropractic Ready to Help You02.05.2020
Good sleep is important for brain functioning, metabolism and also allows your body to recover. The ideal number of hours of sleep is 7-8 hours. This is required to allow your body to optimally recharge. The best way to get an ideal amount of sleep is to have good sleep hygiene. Here are a few ways to improve your sleep to reduce pain and wake up feeling refreshed!
- Turn off your lights early, especially electronics!
- Create a habit of putting down your phone early and reducing light emission at night will allow your body and your mind to relax. Melatonin increases at night to tell your body it is time to rest, however, light exposure can suppress melatonin.
- Choose a medium to firm mattress – whichever is your preference
- A medium to firm mattress allows spinal support. If it is too hard/firm however, this might not be the mattress for you! Too soft of a mattress can cause pain due to lack of support. Choose a mattress that you can test out before committing!
- Pillows are just like mattresses – this is all up to you!
- Make sure you test pillows to allow enough neck and spinal support and is also comfortable. You should not wake up with neck pain from your new pillow.
- Sleep on your side or back
- Limit naps to power naps!
- Power naps, which consists of 20-30 minute naps will help you feel recharged and energized to continue on your day. Naps that are too long can cause increased fatigue and less productivity.
Our team of chiropractors, physiotherapists and massage therapists are trained to assess whether you are causing more pain while sleeping! We can provide helpful tips to make sure you are in less pain and sleeping more!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com. Learn more information from our main webpage www.nwrehab.ca. You can also book on our online booking page https://nwrehab.janeapp.com today! We are located in Vancouver, BC.