RMT On Main: Vancouver Massage Therapy on Main Street
Main Street Massage Therapy
Massage therapy provides ease of muscle and joint pain, relaxation of the body and mind, as well as helps with lymphatic and circulation flow. Registered massage therapists assess and treat the soft tissues of the body by manual palpation and manual therapy that decreases tension in the muscles. From headaches to sports injuries, and pain relief to just relaxation, our Downtown Vancouver BC massage therapy team can provide care for all different types of conditions.
Book your appointment at our massage therapy clinic today.
Massage Therapy Testimonials:
"The RMTs here are all so amazing! Ive been coming here since they opened. The massage therapists are all so knowledgeable!!" - Mackenzie L.
"Great space and location, and my RMT did some fantastic work on my neck and shoulders. She also recommended some exercises and stretches to help me out in the long term. Fantastic experience and will be returning for sure." - Elson C.
"Great experience from start to finish. My RMT was incredibly helpful. I fully intend to go back for more regular treatments. Highly recommend!" - David B.
How are NW Rehab RMTs Different?
At NW Rehab, we support our Massage Therapists with a variety of resources and encourage their professional growth. Below are a few things that we do to make sure that you get the best RMT treatment in Vancouver.Patient-centred
- One of the many benefits of a Registered Massage Therapist is that they also help alleviate symptoms associated with chronic pain conditions and muscular overuse.
- Our skilled and knowledgeable RMTs are committed to providing the best in one-on-one care. They are able to manipulate the soft tissues in your body, which includes muscles, connective tissue, tendons and ligaments, etc.
- NW Rehab RMTs know the importance of movement and functional reconditioning, and they use them to help get you back to where you want to be.
- Once in a while, it can be difficult to find the right massage therapy treatment. Everyone is different, and what may look good on someone else might not feel right for you. In order to help us remove the subjective nature of massage treatments, we have innovated a way to assess the effectiveness of our RMT. In our view, the retention of patients is a good sign of how well an RMT is doing. Our reasoning is that you will want to see them again if you have a great experience with one therapist. We work with our professionals and give them all the tools they need to make sure that you have an amazing massage experience.
Effects of Massage Therapy:
- decrease in muscle tension and stiffness
- relief of muscle spasms
- greater flexibility and range of motion
- increase in the comfort and fluidity of movement
- relief of stress and aide of relaxation
- improved circulation of the blood and movement of lymph
- relief of tension-related symptoms, such as headaches and eyestrain
Massage Therapy Techniques
Massage therapy has been around for many centuries. During the earliest years of its history, massages were focused on relieving pain, improving circulation, loosening tight muscles, reducing stress, and creating an overall sense of well being. Today, when you want or need a massage, you could choose from literally 80 different massage therapy types with a range of movements, pressures, and techniques.
Below is a list of our massage therapy techniques that ensure our clients receive the best care possible.Swedish Massage Therapy
Swedish massage is a technique that uses long strokes, kneading, and friction techniques on the more superficial layers of muscles with active and passive movements of joints to increase awareness, relaxation, and blood circulation. It is often used initially to warm up tissues in order to perform deeper work.
Swedish Massage Therapy has been used as a way to relax and soothe since the early 19th century. Its popularity has risen steadily over the years because of its ability to deliver soothing, relaxing movements to the muscles and soft tissues without causing injury.
With so many uses, it is no wonder that Swedish massage therapy is used by millions of people worldwide. Its healing benefits are many, and this form of massage therapy is a healthy and safe alternative to pain medications and surgery. It is important to consult with a qualified therapist before getting this type of massage therapy to ensure that you receive only safe treatment that will help you achieve the best results possible.Sports Massage Therapy
Sports massage is a therapy treatment that helps improve sports performance and decreases the risk of injury. It helps you improve endurance and flexibility before and after events or workouts. Athletes often receive deep tissue massage, which targets the muscles used in athletic activities. It is great for those who want a treatment that combines the classical Swedish style with trigger point release, compression and neuromuscular techniques.
A sports massage therapist is specially trained to relieve sore and pulled muscles while also treating injured and overworked muscles. These therapists can also apply heat and ice to reduce swelling and inflammation. The goal of a sports massage therapist is to improve an athlete's performance and lessen the risk of injury. It is an excellent way for athletes to manage pain and discomfort that often occurs with intense physical activity.
A skilled sports massage therapist will also be able to quickly assess an athlete's needs and suggest the best course of action for his or her individual treatment.Myo-Fascial Release Therapy
Myofascial release is a therapy that releases restrictions, adhesions, and tension in the connective tissue layer. Connective tissue is a network of tissues that connects every muscle, tendon, ligament, bone, and organ in the body. Connective tissues can hold memories of physical trauma. When these restrictions and adhesions are released, the client is able to release their physical, as well as energetic or trauma-based pain. Cranial sacral therapy and visceral manipulation work very well with myofascial release therapy.
Visit Our Downtown Vancouver BC Massage Therapy Clinic Near Mount Pleasant
Northwest Rehab Group is located on the southeast corner of Main and 12th in Vancouver, BC. As a multidisciplinary clinic, we collaborate with other practitioners to ensure that your goals are met, whether with a chiropractor, physiotherapist, or massage therapist.